What’s Estate Planning?
You don’t have to own a mansion to have an “estate.” “Estate” planning involves not just deciding who will get your stuff when you pass away, but also:
- Who will manage the process.
- How difficult or easy it will be for them.
- Whether your heirs will receive their inheritance outright or whether it will be protected.
- How your bills will be paid and your finances and legal matters managed if you became incapacitated.
- Who will make health care decisions for you in the event of incapacity.
You can decide all of these issues. If you don’t, the state might, or family members may end of fighting over the answers.
Learn more about:
Durable Powers of Attorney
Health Care Directives
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.
Credits: Photo by Ryan Crotty on Unsplash
Learn about estate planning: